Two sweet classes to consider. The North Dakota State University Extension Offices offer them:
Love & Logic – Gussner Elementary, Six Mondays, Oct 10 – Nov 21 (No class Halloween) 6-8pm (dinner and childcare provided)
Love & Logic is a six session class (taught by Jamestown’s NDSU agent Christina Rittenbach) that teaches parents some skills and techniques for raising independent, responsible children. According to Rittenbach, the techniques can:
- help reduce power struggles
- help parents teach their children good decision-making skills
- help parents teach their children how to be responsible for their own actions
- prevent misbehavior
- reduce nagging and complaining (from both children and parents!)
- help parents learn how to stay calm in a stressful parenting situation
Common Sense Parenting – Washington School – Six Tuesdays, Oct 11 – Nov 15 (childcare provided) is a six session class that focuses on family communication, positive discipline, decision making, relationships, self-control and school success.
There is no charge for classes and parents should call 845-8528 to register.
More details to come…